Pages New

Thursday, October 3, 2013

TUTORIAL THURSDAYS: How To Wear a Dress Like a Skirt

If you have been keeping up with my blog lately (pretty proud of how consistent I have been - If I do say so myself) You know that i'm trying out a few new features here to see what you guys want more of. I've been doing more wishlists (every Wednesday! See here, here, and here), more fashion posts (did you catch this adorable rose gold cuff here?), and more incredible fashion finds (like '5 Shift Dresses Under $50' or '5 Jean Styles for Fall'). I even tried out a "look for less" celebrity style post (here) that got wonderful feedback. Lastly, I had been toying with the idea of creating quick 15 second Instagram video tutorials on fashion, beauty, and a few tips & tricks that I have in my pocket. Last week, I showed you how to do a Ballerina Bun (here) and you guys were so responsive (highest blog views - ever.) This week, I wanted to show you the ridiculously simple way to wear a dress as a skirt. There are so many tutorials out there, but this is my favorite way to remix your wardrobe and get the most out of a purchase. 

Please let know what features you would like to see more of in the comments below or through Instagram (@simplysabrinan) or Twitter (@simplysabrina). Be sure to follow me to keep up with all of my style features on the blog!


I really wish Instagram would allow you to upload in HD, because the video quality is pretty awful here. Hopefully the (pin-able) tutorial above gives you an idea of how easy this trick is. All you need is...wait for it... a belt! Preferably a wide belt that fits snug on you. I chose this sweater/dress combination because I wanted the dress to look like a longer skirt, therefore I paired it with a crop sweater. You can use any combination you want! 

PRO-tip: You also have the option of using a longer blouse and tucking it into the belt or even allowing the belt to show. 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, be sure to let me know what you would like to see next week! Swing by tomorrow for one of my favorite fashion looks!
Happy Remixing!

This post was featured on Canopi here & linked up at The Tiny Heart -- be sure to swing by there!

1 comment:

  1. Great how to post! I like the print!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete