Pages New

Monday, September 24, 2012

CHAMBRAY V. DENIM 101.





I spent the better part of my shopping trip last week explaining to my 
boyfriend the difference between chambray and denim. He joked asking if I 
wanted chambray jeans or a chambray jacket (hey, that might be cute?), but 
I realized that along with him, most girls probably don't know the difference. So, I 
decided to properly educate myself so that I can educate you. So here is your 
mini-lesson on Chambray v. Denim 101. 

The Basic Difference:
Chambray is a the lighter of the two fabrics and usually light blue 
in color with less durability. 

The Nitty-Gritty:
Chambray is weaved using a more basic method in comparison to denim. Denim is 
weaved using an iconic diagonal pattern which produces an overall tougher material. 


The Similarities:
Both are cotton fabrics and made by weaving white yarn through indigo dyed yarn.


Chambray will be perfect for the fall-- are you on board?

x0x-S

No comments:

Post a Comment