Pages New

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Top 10 Shoes Every Women Should Own


Top 10 Shoes Every Women Should Own

Click the icon below to shop each piece!

10 Shoes Every Women Should Own

Skin Tone Heel
There is nothing more stealthy than the art of illusions & a nude colored pump is the perfect prop. This shoe can make your legs look miles long and pair perfectly with a short summer dress!

Spring Wedge
A sweet summer dress is only as good as the wedges that you wear with them. Wedges are cute, comfortable, and classy! Watch out for cork-bottom wedges though, they can be get tacky!

Black Pump
Does this really need an explanation? LBD = LBS (not that I suggest keeping it that simple. An LBD can totally rock a statement or glitzy shoe!

Glitzy Peep-Toe
For someone who attends a number of formal events, a glitzy heel is a necessity. If your formal outings are kept to a minimum you may need to substitute this shoe for a metallic party shoe that you can wear out. I found my perfect pair at DSW-- season is key!

Ballet Flats
I'll admit. I don't own a pair of ballet flats. Well, I did. But two pairs of flats are more than enough for me because I sleep in high heels. However, for the (fashionable)  average young lady ballet flats are a wardrobe staple. 

Ankle Bootie
Where I lack in flats, I make up in booties! I adore the look of  a short ankle bootie but insist that it must be paired correctly. Any shoe that stops at your ankle immediately trunks the illusion of hight and causes a visual disconnect. Now if you have a pair of cute lace shorts... a leather lace up ankle bootie would be fabulous.

Canvas Flat
This is on my list. As far as I can tell, TOMS top this category. They are adorable & comfy-- perfect for running errands. I'm only holding out because I anticipate some cute new herringbone patterns in their fall collection. Although I usually cap out my shoe budget at about $50, this shoe (just barely)makes the cut. 

Summer Sandal
When we were little, Old Navy flip flops did the job. Now that we are older, even a Saturday afternoon requires a sassy sandal (your newly pedicured toes deserve it!) Treat them right with a neutral summer sandal.

Statement Shoe
This is where you can have a little fun. Bring out those bright red platforms or sweet Mary Janes!  LBD beware! This is your go-to shoe.

Workout Sneaker
Let's face it, every girl needs a workout shoe. My BF would probably disown me if I suggested anything other than Nike, so here we go. Get a Nike sneaker. They really do have longevity in their products (or maybe I just don't go to gym enough.... hmmm)

Tall Leather Boot
Whether it's brown, black, or cognac- every girl needs a tall leather boot (and a pair of skinny jeans to go with.) I'd say 1 brown and 1 black ideally, but I've managed for two seasons with only a brown pair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment