Pages New

Thursday, July 16, 2015

SAVE THE DATE: We're Getting Married!

save the date, save the date card, modern save the date, atlanta save the date, wedding, wedding invitation, floral save the date, simply molu wedding, simply molu save the date
Well,  it's real. After nearly 10 years of being together, and being engaged for almost 2 and a half, the big day is only 50 days away. How it snuck up on me? I have no idea. All I know is that planning 3 days of events for 250 people is really challenging. You hear about it your whole life, "wedding planning is hard" but seriously guys - I was not prepared. So in case you wondered where I've been these past few days, now you know - I'm hiding under a pillow with dreams of stationary closing in on me. 

Okay, I'm being a little dramatic. All in all, the process has been really fun for me. My fiance and I have the love and support of our families and friends (not to mention, all twenty people in our bridal party!) and the way everyone has opened their hearts to us - is more than I can explain. But we are so thankful to be surrounded by so much love. 

I'll be sharing tidbits of my wedding plans here on the blog and on Instagram, so be sure to follow me there. This first piece is the Save-The-Date card that I designed. I'm really proud to say that I designed all of my wedding stationary myself. I started with a white rectangle and just built from there. I was really inspired by a floral graphic that I found, and I cut letters out of it for the left side of the card. I tried the balance the block lettering out on the right side with a mix of script and sans-serif font with complementary colors. I hand placed each gold dot to create that sequin effect. Lastly, I opted for a darker grey vs. black as the primary text color to keep the atmosphere lighter in nature. Small changes like that really impact the overall aesthetic of your design.

I would love to know your thoughts and what you would like to see next!

No comments:

Post a Comment