Pages New

Monday, October 13, 2014

LET'S TALK BENEFITS WITH AFLAC









DRESS: ENTOURAGE ATHENS - SIMILAR HERE - $31   //   BAG: c/o GREGORY SYLVIA ELLINGTON - SAME HERE - $225   //   BOOTS: c/o ARIAT STAUTON - SAME HERE - $229

It seems like every time my fiance and I go house-hunting it hits us like a ton of bricks: When did we become grown-ups? You mean, we get the master bedrooms? APR stands for what? My benefits cover how much?

Sigh, now that i've had a real-world job for a few years, it's really important to know where my money is going and what i'm opting into. I'll admit - i'm awful about it, but it seems like i'm not alone.

Aflac's 2014 Open Enrollment Survey showed that 41% of employees spent 15 minutes or less researching their benefit options and 24% spent only 5 minutes or less. 

Guilty? Me too. This is coming from someone who spends an eternity researching my next vacation, Friday night's dinner plans, and even the new "based on a true story" movie. How is it possible that I have no idea what benefits I am choosing over others?

Luckily, Aflac has put together a post entitled, "One Emergency Away From Financial Disaster" outlining what it's like for a Millennial Worker's finances. There are lot's of great resources when it comes to understanding your benefits. In my experience, it's best to go straight to the source and connect with an HR professional within your company who can give you a breakdown of your benefit options and/or connect you with someone to give you more information. 

Aflac has a great resource for helping you make the decisions. Be sure to check out the Aflac WorkForces Report website for more information on open enrollment.

We've got to not only get older, but also smarter. Let's all pledge to read the fine print and get informed. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHOP THE POST
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment