Pages New

Thursday, January 1, 2015

THE BASICS: SPANX Pointe Pants + Freebird Bolo Boots






TOP: GAP - SIMILAR HERE - $12   //   CARDIGAN: J.CREW - SIMILAR HERE - $15  //   PANTS: c/o SPANX - SAME HERE - $118   //   BOOTS: c/o ZAPPOS (in Cognac) - SAME HERE - $275

Happy first day of 2015. I'm coming to you from a hotel room in Cocoa Beach, inches from the sand and ready to dip my toes in the water. I hope you all had a safe NYE and are taking all the good with you into 2015 and the negative behind. That being said, i'm ready for you to hold me accountable - so here are my resolutions for 2015. 

1. Read More
In 2014, I reluctantly admit that I did not meet my goal of reading 1 new book per month (it was closer to 1 book every 3 months), but that doesn't mean 2015 can't be different. I'm committed to the craft and will read / listen on audiobook to at least 1 book per month.

2. Reach my fitness goals
My fitness fluctuated more than I would have liked in 2014 so i'm hoping to reach a happy equilibrium early into 2015, preferably Q1. I'm a huge fan of Cassey Ho & Blogilates, so I hope to follow her calendar to get fit for 2015. 

3. Take a Code Academy class
When the work you do both personally and professional all revolve around coding and the intricacies of the web - it's important to know how to speak the language at least a little. I've heard rave reviews about Code Academy and even downloaded the app, but just need to open it...

4. Put My Phone Down
This is one of the things that i'm pretty proud of accomplishing in 2014. I am such a proponent for living in the moment and simply 'putting your phone down' - and those who know me well, know this. What they also know is that I will badger encourage others around me to do the same. My goal for 2015 is to help others realize the importance of this and the irony that comes from 'always being connected' - when it happens to disconnect you from the people around.

5. Invest in my blog
I've wanted to launch a few new series and features on my blog for a while, (I even have the sketches of what they will look like) but haven't shipped them out. My goal is to start a few video series, tutorials, and guest blogging so that you can get to know myself and the bloggers I follow, a little more. 

6. Take a calligraphy class
Melissa Esplin has an amazing online course that i've been dying to take for about 2 years now. My goal is to actually own up and buy the supplies and register for the class. I'm thinking Q2 for this one.. maybe a little earlier. Anyone wanna take it with me?

7. Move into my first home
I've always had a passion for interior design. (Note: that does not mean that I have a talent for it) Now that i'll be decorating my own home this year i'm really hoping to document the process and different looks that i'm drawn to. A home is a tricky situation, first of all - because you have to really love it - and second of all, because it has to all fit together without looking the same. I can't wait to spend time on Pinterest, read articles, and learn more about the art of interior design this year.

8. Create a cookbook with my mom's recipes
When I was younger, I certainly took my mom's amazing home cooking for granted. I never realized what a skilled chef she was - and now that i'm trying things on my own, she is constantly on speed dial. I hope to create a bound recipe book of her best dishes to keep in my family for years to come.

9. Finish my grandfather's memoir
In January of 2014, I lost my grandmother to stage 4 lymphoma and my world was turned upside down. I'd be lying if I said a year later things are getting back to normal, because to tell you the truth, they aren't. Loosing someone that you are that close to doesn't just heal in one year - and no one knows that more than my grandfather who loved his wife of over 50 years. A few months after my grandmother passed, I encouraged my grandfather to write a memoir of his extraordinary life but he just never took the steps to make it happen. So for the last few months whenever he came to spend time with me he would tell me stories and I would record them and dictate them later. It's easier for him to tell than write, but it's actually not easy at all. We often have to take breaks because it gets emotional, but my goal is to have a working draft by the end of 2015. He is an amazing man and my children, and their children deserve to know his story. 

10. Marry the man of my dreams
10 years later, and here we are. 2015 is finally the year that I get to say "I do" to the love of my life and have a beautiful wedding surrounded by family and friends. I can't wait to share my journey to the alter with you all - it's going to be splendid.

What are your 2015 Resolutions?

________________________________________________________________________________________________
SHOP THE POST

No comments:

Post a Comment